Kale is a green leafy vegetable belonging to the cabbage family. It is a great source of vitamins ‘A’, ‘C’, magnesium, potassium and iron. It is nutritionally very rich and is considered as a natural remedy for ailments like high blood pressure, cholestrol and even some cancers. This refreshing juice recipe combines kale with the goodness of pineapple.
• 1 teaspoon Maple syrup/ honey
• 3 cups water
• Juice of half a lemon
• 4 cups pineapple
• 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
• 1 cup kale leaves
Combine all ingredients in a juicer/ blender/ mixer and make smooth purée. I have a vitamix mixer which I absolutely adore for all my juicing, grinding and blending needs! Filter the juice using a sieve. Serve chilled with ice cubes.
Note: If you can’t use kale leaves you may use mint leaves instead. It will taste refreshing and great but may not make up for the health benefits of kale.
Pineapple kale cucumber drink
- • Maple syrup/ honey
- • 3 cups water
- • Juice of half a lemon
- • 4 cups pineapple
- • 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- • 1 cup kale leaves
- Step 1 1. Combine all ingredients in a juicer/ blender/ mixer and make smooth purée.
- Step 2 2. Filter the juice using a sieve.
- Step 3 3. Serve chilled with ice cubes.