Palak paneer is a succulent dish made of spinach and cottage cheese. It is a big hit especially with kids. If you ask my kids what I should cook for dinner, palak paneer will be the instant reply. They can have it continuously even if I keep making it on a daily basis! Watch this video to see how I make this using instant pot.
· Finely chopped onions- 1 cup
· Green chillies-1
· Grated ginger- 1-inch piece
· Garlic-2 cloves
· Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon.
· Turmeric (haldi) powder-1 teaspoon
· Oil-2 tbsp
· Ghee-1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Palak (Spinach)-5 cups
· ½ teaspoon garam masala
· ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
Typically people add ground cashews or heavy cream to the gravy. I typically do just a little cream or even totally skip it, considering the frequency at which it is made at my place!
Below is the printable recipe with instructions for Instant pot:
- · Paneer (cottage cheese) cut into blocks -2 cups
- · Finely chopped onions- 1 cup
- · Green chilly-1
- · Grated ginger- 1-inch piece
- · Garlic-2 cloves
- · Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon.
- · Turmeric (haldi) powder-1 teaspoon
- · Oil-2 tbsp
- · Ghee-1 tbsp
- · Salt to taste
- · Palak (Spinach)-5 cups
- · ½ teaspoon garam masala
- · ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
- Step 1 1. Set IP on sauté mode.
- Step 2 2. Add oil, then garlic, onions and sauté
- Step 3 3. Add green chili and the washed spinach
- Step 4 4. Grate in some ginger
- Step 5 5. Add little water, close IP and seal the vent
- Step 6 6. Set IP to pressure cook for 0 minutes
- Step 7 7. When IP is ready, let pressure release naturally.
- Step 8 8. Open IP and blend into a gravy using immersion blender
- Step 9 9. Now heat ghee in a pan and add cumin
- Step 10 10. Next add paneer, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Step 11 11. Add the blended gravy and salt and simmer for 3 mins
- Step 12 12. Finish with kasuri methi and serve with hot roti, phulka or chapati