After a sweet yummy cake, it’s now time for something healthy. Talking healthy, I simply love soups and black bean and potato soup is such a wonderful soup that it is a whole meal in itself. You can’t stop yourself with just one serving what with the amazing combination of flavors. The striking aroma lingers around the whole place while preparing this soup.
- 1 onion diced
- 3 potatoes chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (red capsicum) chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (green capsicum) chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- cilantro /coriander for garnish
Sauté the onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until they are soft.
Stir in the potatoes and water and simmer adding salt, pepper, ground cumin and oregano leaves. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
Remove from heat and puree to create a semi thick soup.
Return it to the pot adding little more water and the cooked beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro, ladle into bowls and relish!