This is a simple yet tasty asparagus recipe -Watch Video. What is different about this recipe? The asparagus is finely chopped in this one unlike the mainstream recipes which incorporate snapping the ends and cooking them. This is a foolproof way to keep the crunch without the usual prep required to prevent a chewy texture. This recipe is all vegan, vegetarian, whole 30, gluten free and fits every diets in the book that does not prohibit vegetables. I like to spice it up by adding rice, sambar, or chapatis but of course that makes it comfort food which may not be as appealing to the diet conscious audience.
Here is the recipe for preparing yummy asparagus stir fry
- oil for tempering- about 2 teaspoons
- 1 bunch- Asparagus washed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp-mustard seeds
- 1 tsp -cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (adjust as per taste)
- salt as per taste
- chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan an∂ add the mustard seeds.
- When they start spluttering, add cumin seeds followed by garlic.
- Saute for a minute and then add the asparagus, turmeric, chilly powder and salt.
- Cook on medium flame for about 7-8 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Once done, add chopped cilantro and serve with piping hot rice and sambar or chapatis.