Are you looking for a starter, entrée, or dessert for your New Year’s Eve Party or Potluck? I have compiled a list of my favorites from my blog. I have tried each of these recipes numerous times and they have been a super hit in social gatherings. So, without further ado, here is the list:
- Masala vada/ Dal vada: A scrumptious South Indian fried snack made with ground lentils and served with chutneys; this can be the perfect starter to your party. Here is the link for making delicious Masala vada
- Sev Batata Puri: A popular Mumbai street food and just as admired in parties and gatherings, sev batata puri is my all time favorite. Loved by all ages, follow this link to make Sev Batata Puri
- Vada Pav: The Indian burger, as we fondly call it, is a go-to party favorite loved by both adults and kids. Here is the link for vada pav
- Zucchini boats: A Mediterranean style baked zucchini topped with couscous and bruschetta can be an amazing entrée for your party. Here is the link to make zucchini boats
- Ragada Pattice: Crispy potato patties served with white peas, gravy, and sweet and savory condiments. It can be served as a starter or entrée depending on your menu. It is enjoyed by both adults and kids. Here is the link to make Ragada Pattice
- Crispy Baked Tofu: Prepared by baking tofu battered in corn starch and spices, this recipe is off to giving a healthy start to your New Year. Pillowy on the inside and crispy on the outside, this starter is sure to tickle your taste buds without compromising your health in any way. Here is the link to making crispy baked tofu
- Misal Pav: A popular spicy specialty from the state of Maharashtra, India. It is a curry made with sprouted pulses and served with a spicy liquid, raw chopped onions, dried snacks, and bread. This might be a tough one with kids as well as people who find it intimidating to try something new. I have tried it in parties and found a complete fan following for this dish. So, if you are keen on giving this a try, here is the recipe link: Misal Pav
- Chocolate chip cheesecake brownie: No party would be complete without a dessert. Chocolate chip cheesecake brownie is a double treat combining brownie and cheesecake. This is a trustworthy recipe tested many times and adored by audience alike. Here’s the link to make chocolate chip cheesecake brownie
- Eggless coffee liqueur brownies: If you’re into a different kind of dessert, try this brownie with coffee liqueur instead. I prefer this as I like my desserts less sugary and I love coffee. So, if you are like me, follow this link for making Eggless coffee liqueur brownies. If you are feeling super enthusiastic and want to try both versions of brownie, by all means go ahead and do so.
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting: If you are in a mood for preparing and serving a moist and delicious carrot cake topped with cream cheese for your party, then here is the link for the same Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
So that is my top 10. Comment down below what your party favorites are. Also, if you tried any of these, I would love to hear how they turned out for you.